• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Success! Finally Found A Good Cheap Portable Emulator Game System From The China!

I have become a bit of a collector of cheap Chinese portable game systems. They are usually loaded with games and emulators but many times the games don't run well. Recently, I bought something called the Retrogame RS-97 Pro (AKA K101 Pro). This thing has tons of games but it uses the built-in OpenDingux firmware which makes everything run better. It's not perfect but it's pretty good and well worth the money considering all you get with the system. The build quality, D-Pad, and buttons are nice, and the shoulder buttons are not the best but still way improved over the original RS-97. Battery life even seems decent.

https://funnyplaying.com/collection...rs-97-k101-pro-game-handheld-v2-1-ivory-white
k101_pro_white_2000x.jpg

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Sorry, too lazy to look, but exactly what does it play & how much does it cost?

I also just bought a fake Chinese Color Gameboy named the Kong Feng GB Boy Colour. I have a number of Gameboy and Gameboy Color carts around that I want to play. Also, the Nintendo Color Gameboy is not backlit but the GB Boy Colour is. Got it off eBay for $38.

696_882659841a8fc4a5b-gbc.jpg

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I also just bought a fake Chinese Color Gameboy named the Kong Feng GB Boy Colour. I have a number of Gameboy and Gameboy Color carts around that I want to play. Also, the Nintendo Color Gameboy is not backlit but the GB Boy Colour is. Got it off eBay for $38.

696_882659841a8fc4a5b-gbc.jpg

It's sad when knockoffs start being better quality than the real thing. At least in this instance I can give the Gameboy a little bit of leeway considering the tech when it was made.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I wish I could say the GB was a good system, but it was too expensive for the time, (AA batteries every time you wanna play it for a day?!) the games were mostly shovelware (like the Wii/WiiU) and the non-backlit screen really killed it for trips/vacations/eating at the restaurant with mom+pop.

But I would actually love to revisit the system on a similar form-factor with backlighting.. and no 30-50$ price tag per game. Geesh, I was just a kid. I had maybe 6 games at most, for it. Tetris included. :(

~~whimsy~~

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I'm not sure about a ps1 game on that type of screen.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
What happened to the world? It took longer to type that than to click the link! :p
Didn't think it was a order page with all that info.

One thing I didn't see is whether it has cheat code support. I know Adam will frown upon this, but with over 5000 games I think you'd need a little boost to actually play through before the system (or you) break down.